RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Digital Epicentre Pty Ltd and each of its associated entities (together “EPICENTRE”, we, us, our”) understand our customers’ concern about the privacy of their information when collected by us.
We host live and on demand sport, music and entertainment broadcasts.
- the type of personal information we collect;
- how that information us held;
- how that information may be used;
- to whom we permit access;
- how we protect that personal information.
- your right to access and seek correction of it; and
- how you may complain about privacy matters.
We have and will continue to take all reasonable steps to implement and maintain practices, procedures and systems to ensure that we comply with all our obligations under the Privacy Act.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this policy or any matters arising from it. Any questions about the general privacy principles may be directed to the office of the Australian Information Commissioner whose website details are: www.oaic.gov.au.
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
The sort of information we collect and hold may include:-
- your personal details such as your name, email and/or physical addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth, age and gender;
- financial information (such as your credit card details);
- demographic information such as your postcode and your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions;
- your order number, customer reference number or loyalty identifier;
- how and when you access our site or watch our broadcasts and what you watch;
- what, how and when you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us.
The information we collect depends on the products and services that you buy, use or apply for.
If we need to collect and hold Sensitive Information (such as information relating to health, disability, ethnic origin, criminal convictions, religious or political affiliation), we will only do so where it is reasonably necessary to perform our functions and will seek your express written consent in advance. Collection of such Sensitive Information is done in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Under the Privacy Act, you generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us, but not where this is impractical (for example when you shop online with us) or where the law or a court order provides otherwise. It will generally be impractical for you to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym, should you wish to enter into a contract to purchase goods with us online. The reason for this is because your identity is a relevant factor creating a legally binding arrangement. It is material to our decision of whether or not to enter into agreements with you.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
EPICENTRE collects information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information (such as an email address and personal details) by sending us a message, email, online request, phone or in documents. This may arise if/when:
- you make an application or fill out forms for us;
- you take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups;
- you register with us, for example to create an account to purchase access to a broadcast;
- when you contribute or access our message boards;
- you purchase products and access to broadcasts from us online.
- from our own records and from purchases that you have previously made or other interactions you have been involved in;
- when you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on online media, which may provide us with information about your computer hardware or software (for example “cookies“).
Please also be aware that in some circumstances we may receive your personal information from others. This includes:
- from an organisation you are involved with (for example, if you are a member of a local sporting club who uploads content to our site);
- information collected and collated from publicly available sources, including search engines, websites, social media, publicly available data bases, third party sources and referees, personal contacts and industry connections; and
- from a third party who posts your personal information on our message boards.
If you disclose personal information to us about someone else (including by posting on our message boards), you must ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to us and that, without our taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy laws, we may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Policy.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. A cookie will allow a website to recognise a user’s device. A cookie will contain the name of internet location (the domain) from which the cookie has come and the lifetime of the cookie (a cookie will usually expire after a certain period of time).
Two types of cookies may be used on our website:
- Session cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site. These allow us to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- Persistent cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). We may use persistent cookies from time to time to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and to monitor your use of our website. They also allow us to link you to any of our Partners of Affiliates should you come to our website through a paid advert or banner on a website of an Affiliate or Partner.
Some of our web pages may contain web beacons which allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are used to track the effectiveness of a particular marketing campaign.
HOW DO WE HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information we hold is stored on our web servers in secure environments. These servers may be operated by us or by our service providers.
All credit/debit card information you provide to us is transmitted via secure technology to the payment processor. Credit card details are not stored by us. For more information about credit card security, refer to the Credit Card Security section of this policy.
Your personal information is password-protected to prevent unauthorised access to it. You should not divulge your password to anyone.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use personal information for the conduct of our business, to provide and promote our products and services and to engage in other business transactions involving our customers. In particular, we may use this Information to:-
- verify your identity;
- assist you to clarify any of our relevant services more easily;
- learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our products and services in a way which may be of most interest to you;
- consider any application you may make and provide or change the services you require,
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- gain an understanding of your information and needs in order for us to provide you with better, more personalised services that are tailored to your needs;
- promote goods and services that may be of interest to you;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for fraud;
- assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries;
- research and develop our services using third party services;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- assist statistical, actuarial or research analysis as we consider is necessary for business purposes;
- notify you of our service offerings from time to time;
- comply with legislative and regulatory requirements; and
- engage in any other activity relating to our purpose as long as it complies with all relevant law.
By accessing our website, purchasing our products or continuing to engage with us, you consent to your personal information being collected, held and used in this way and for any other use you authorize. We will only use your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise with your express permission.
It is your responsibility to keep your password to our website and any other service safe. You should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any misuse of your password, and immediately change your password.
Aggregation of non-personally identifiable data
By using our website, you agree that we can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data we have collected from you. This data will in no way identify you or any other individual.
We may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
- assist us to better understand how our clients are using our products and services,
- provide our clients with further information regarding the uses and benefits of our products and services,
- otherwise to improve our products and services.
Disclosure Of Information
The information collected will be used or disclosure by us for the primary purposes listed above and for the secondary purposes related to those purposes , but only if you would expect us to use or disclosure the Information for such secondary purpose. However, in the case of Sensitive Information the secondary purpose must be directly related to the purposes listed above.
In addition, we may share your Information with our associated entities and our suppliers overseas. It is our policy to require all of our overseas sharing of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the overseas destination.
We may use new technologies from time to time and personal information may be stored outside Australia. We will not transfer personal Information to a recipient in a foreign country unless we have appropriate protections in place as required by the relevant privacy laws. Your information will be stored on our data base for such period of time as required or permitted by law.
Direct Marketing Purposes
By accepting our services you expressly permit us and the EPICENTRE group of companies to use your Information for our direct marketing purposes and the purposes expressly set out in this policy. You consent to our use of your information to issue product and professional mail outs by email, fax, social media or letters and undertaking other marketing or service based activities.
If you do not wish to receive any of these materials, please contact our Customer Service Team, whose details are at the end of this Policy, to opt out. Alternatively, all electronic communications contain an unsubscribe link which can be used to opt out.
You can change your mind about receiving materials or information about our products and services at any time by contacting us.
You may opt out of any direct marketing service at any time.
We will never sell, license, trade or provide your personal information to another party for direct marketing purposes.
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the Information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. When Information is no longer needed or permitted to be held by law, we will destroy or de-identify it.
Accuracy of Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect, use and disclosure is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please contact us if there is a change in your circumstances that requires an update to be made to our data or if you have an account with us, you may choose to modify your account details which can be accessed by logging in via the EPICENTRE website.
HOW CAN YOU ENQUIRE ABOUT, ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). You may request access to the information which we hold about you and request its correction if you believe it to be incorrect. We can also correct your Information if we are satisfied that it is incorrect.
There are some circumstances where we can refuse to give access to information. These include where given access to the Information would:
- pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of an individual or the public,
- have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others; or
- be frivolous or vexatious.
The other exceptions are detailed the Australian Privacy Principles.
If you wish to access or correct your Information, please contact EPICENTRE at:
2/98 Riley Street
DARLINGHURST NSW 2010
Ph: +61 422 010 535
For security reasons, any request for details of information held by EPICENTRE should be made in writing.
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
HOW CAN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, or our management of your privacy generally, you may access our internal dispute resolution (IDR) process by contacting us at the above contact point. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it. We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may lodge a complaint with the OAIC. The contact details of the OAIC are:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 2999
Telephone: 1300 363 992
CREDIT CARD SECURITY
We take the upmost precautions to protect users information. When credit card information is submitted via our web site, that information is encrypted and is protected by industry standard technology equivalent to that used by Banks for online banking transactions. Our secure web pages use an SSL certificate to ensure secure transmission of your information. This ensures that all information you send via the World Wide Web will be encrypted. If any other Internet user intercepts the communication he/she will only be able to see it in an encrypted (garbled) form. Certificate technology allows us to decrypt the information, and view it in plain text form.
The servers on which we collect and store personal information are kept in a secure environment.
We have significant systems and procedures designed to detect the fraudulent use of credit cards. Please do not be offended if we contact you requiring additional verification of your credit details as this is for your protection. For your own security, we may also request for some orders, a faxed copy of your signature as verification of your credit card payment. You will be notified via email if this is required. Further security measures may be requested and this will be actioned at our discretion.
If you have any questions about credit card security please contact our customer service team at www.epicentre.tv/contact-us
We recognise and acknowledge the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). While it is unlikely that we need to be GDPR compliant, we are committed to providing a consistent approach to data protection and ensuring the security and protection of personal Information.
We are aware of and will comply with the Mandatory Data Breach reporting obligations as set out in the Privacy Act. Please let us know if you would like to learn more about what steps must be taken when a data breach has been identified.
We are serious about the protection of the data that we collect. If you access or use our data improperly, including wrongfully disseminating, copying, using, streaming or otherwise publishing any of the content that appears on our website, or videos that are uploaded onto our service (most of which will contain personal information) we will prosecute you to the fullest extent permissible by law and you will fully indemnify us in relation to any damages, fines, costs, and penalties that may flow from your wrongful conduct.
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from OAIC, which can be contacted at the above address. If you have any other questions or enquiries, please feel free to contact us directly at www.epicentre.tv/contact-us